How to reset a user's Solid Edge preferences when running Insight?
Solution Note: Resetting a user's Solid Edge preferences will result in any user customisation, themes, Solid Edge options, etc. also being reset. You may want to consider backing up these objects before performing the reset.
1. Launch Solid Edge.
2. Open the Cache Assistant.
3. Clear the content of your cache - check in and delete files as necessary.
4. Exit Solid Edge
5. Run 'regedit' [or your registry editing tool of choice].
6. Inside the registry delete the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Siemens\Solid Edge' key and everything under it.
7. Also delete the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Siemens\Standard Parts' and everything under it.
WARNING: Do NOT delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Siemens\Solid Edge' or 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge'
8. Exit 'regedit'.
9. In 'Windows Explorer' browse to %APPDATA%. If you cannot see this folder you will need to change your Windows Explorer Folder Options' to show hidden and system files and folders.
10. Delete the '%APPDATA%\Siemens\Solid Edge' folder and everything underneath it.
The user's Solid Edge settings have been reset and cleared.
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTL64
OS Version: 1064