The Part Geometry in a manufacturing assembly has a large number of pockets on different Z levels. Can these pockets be cut in a single operation? The desired tool path would cut each pocket using the set Depth of Cut value.
1. Create a Floor and Wall operation.
2. No Cut Area Floor geometry will be used, rather, only Wall Geometry is selected.
3. The Tool Axis is set to the +ZM Axis .
4. The Cut Region Containment is set to the Walls option.
5. The Z-Depth Offset causes the tool to cut below the pocket when milling through the part. The Floor Blank Thickness needs to be something larger than the Depth Per Cut . If this value is too small than no cutter step down milling will occur. Only one cut level at the lowest depth will be created.