After creating an assembly with components, and these components are set in verious different layers:
component1 - layer 10component2 - layer 11component3 - layer 15etc...
When a master model drawing is created for this assembly, notice all components end up on layer 1, and the component properties shows layer being set to "Original" for all components in the assembly.
The desired result is to have the layer setup for components in assembly file to carry over to the drawing file. How to accomplish this?
The reason it is working this way is because the components have been placed on a specified layer in the subassembly, but this is not the component's "original" layer. Using the Layer Option, 'Original', places the components on their original layer, not their specified layer from the subassembly.
In order to have the component layers at the subassembly level also be reflected in the top level assembly, the following can be performed:
1. In the Modeling application, open the drawing file that contains the assembly.
2. In the Assembly Navigator, highlight the assembly.
3. Mouse Button3-->Properties.
4. Select the 'Assembly' tab.
5. Under 'Synchronize Subassembly Properties', select the 'Layers' button.
6. OK the Component Properties dialog.
Now the components will reside on the same layer in the drawing as they reside in the assembly.
Notes and References
OS Version: 764SP1