December 14, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge 2019 Maintenance Pack 4 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge 2019 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge 2019 MP4
Solid Edge 2019 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/2019/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as SEECAdministratorV219.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/support/email-subscription.html
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 9265668: Error -- The specified template cannot be accessed. Please specify another template. ===Assembly===
PR 9299326: Configuration pull down menu names such as A&B appear as AB with B underlined
PR 9301301: Assembly relationships are no longer highlighting in the relationship Pathfinder
PR 9203749: Extend/Trim a frame segment causes unexpected results ===Draft===
PR 9301025: text aspect ratio appears increased in printouts and translated pdf documents
PR 9287864: Problems accessing PART Mass value from ASM environment ===Part/Sheet Metal===
PR 9232827: Solid Edge is closing down
PR 9223490: Saved settings for hole doesn't work for Pitch, a regression against ST10
PR 9241731: Solid Edge is closing when sketch command is used
PR 9183176: Crash - seems file specific. Move-to-Sync one feature at a time ===Simulation===
PR 9237054: Bolted connection reaction force is not updated issue ===Translators===
PR 8551634: Opening a JT file exported from SE in NX has PMI dimension in the wrong location
PR 9238314: Solid Edge is unable to open STEP file ===Illustrations & 3D Publisher ===
PR 9280436: Issue while importing qsm file in technical publication.
PR 9301131: Solid Edge 3D publishing crash when we delete a custom metadata
PR 9013542: Improved import times
PR 9318276: Part is not in the right place in 3D publishing 3D view ===Solid Edge Requirements===
PR 9301181: Cannot publish a work item with an attachment ===Insight===
PR 9278429: Pack and Go operation not maintaining folder structure
PR 9308476: Design Manager stopped working when opening Insight Assembly Files ===Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge===
PR 9309675: NX dataset added again in BOM after saving the ASM file
PR 9285948: BOM is not updating correctly using this workflow