Opening Solid Edge files from Windows Explorer starts a new process of Edge.exe instead of opening in the current instance.
In this case the solution was a two-step procedure:
1) Changes to the Local Security Policy
- Run secpol.msc to activate the Local Security Policy form- Expand Local Policies --> Security Options- Scroll down to where the User Account Control settings are listed:
Verify or Modify the following:
- Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Elevate without prompting
- Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode: Disabled
- Switch to the secure desktop when prompting for elevation: Disabled
2) Changes to the Application Executable Files
- browse to Solid Edge program folder- right-click on Edge.exe and select Properties- select the Compatibility tab- click the [Change settings for all users] button- enable "Run this program as an administrator"- OK to dismiss
REBOOT for the changes to take effect.
Notes and References
OS Version: 764