Exporting a STEP file of a Solid Edge model containing a thread feature and then importing that STEP file back into Solid Edge, the thread colour is no longer as expected when re-imported. Why?
This is working as designed.
The underlying face style for the thread feature as defined in the Solid Edge file is what is used when exporting the STEP file regardless of any face style overrides used on the thread feature.
To validate this...
- Select the Styles command
- Select Face Styles
- Select the Thread style and select Modify…
- Select the Faces tab
- Note the Diffuse colour - this is the face colour that will be exported out to the STEP file for threaded features
- Change this colour to some other colour e.g. red
- Apply the style changes and exit the Style command
- Export the STEP file
- Import the new STEP file
The thread feature is the colour we changed our Thread style face Diffuse colour to.
OS Version: 1064