The deployment of the Solid Edge 2019 SEEC Feature Pack ends in an error on Teamcenter 12.
- Start Teamcenter Environment Manager (TEM) to update your Corporate Server.
- Choose "Configuration Manager" on Maintenance dialog and then choose "Next".
- Choose "Perform maintenance on an existing configuration" on Configuration Maintenance dialog and then choose "Next".
- Verify your existing configuration and installation location on Old Configuration dialog and then choose "Next".
- Add/remove features.
- Browse to the feature_seec.xml.
- Select the Teamcenter integation for Solid Edge.
- Start the deployment.
The deployment will end with a ShellCommandFailed error:
The SEEC deployment of the feature_seec.xml fails due to spaces in targetkit (an option to the install command).
This is a known issue and fixed in Teamcenter 12.1. The workaround to be able to install the SEEC Feature pack on Teamcenter 12 is to remove all spaces in the path.
Original path to the feature_seec.xml:
D:\Workdir\Solid Edge Teamcenter Administrator\CDROM\SEEC Feature Packages\SEECFeaturePackageTc12\seec_wntx64_219.1\tem_contributions\feature_seec.xml
Notes and References
OS Version: 2012_R2