Solid Edge License Manager server is down. How do you keep the users working?
Solution You have 2 options.
Option1 - Use an Emergency License. Distribute this license file to the client
machines and place it in their Solid Edge *****/preferences folder to replace
the current license file
1. To get an Emergency License, visit the GTAC website
2. Select the License Management option to expand it and select the
3. Select the "Emercency Passwords and License Files" option
4. Make sure Solid Edge is selected for Product (should default to Solid
Edge unless you have other
Siements PLM products)
5. Select the appropriate Version from the dropdown
6. Select the most appropriate "Reason for Request" from the dropdown
7. Select the "I read and agree" option then select continue
8. The emergency license file wil be emailed to you.
Option2 - Setup a 2nd/new license server using your dongle
1. Install the License Manager software that is delivered with the
version of Solid Edge you are running
on the new license server first. (do not plug in the dongle until
Solid Edge License Manager is
2. Plug in the Dongle on the new server. If this is the first time the
dongle is on that machine, you will see
the plug and play notification of the sentinel driver installing.
3. Install/upgrade the Dongle Driver if it did not install automatically.
4. Configure License Manager, license file, etc...
5. Update/edit the License file using Notepad (must be an ascii editor).
Replace the old server name with
the new server name.
6. Distribute the new license to the Client Machines or update the method
you use on your client
machines to point to the new license server.
Notes and References
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTEL
OS Version: 10_1703