How the Visualization Preferences setting "Product Interface Objects" works.
Solution 1. Create a simple assembly having two components.
2. Make 'Component 1' work part. Create a simple block and a cylinder.
3. Menu -> Tools -> Product Interface.
Select cylinder or block and [OK] the dialog.
4. Make 'Component 2' work part.
5. Menu -> Preferences -> Visualization -> Emphasis.
Session Settings (group) -> turn on "Product Interface Objects"
6. Menu -> Insert -> Associative Copy -> Wave Geometry Linker.
Note that the body/object which was selected as 'Product Interface' at step 3 is emphasized.
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: na
OS Version: n/a