1. Create a simple assembly having two components.
2. In Component 1 create a simple block.
3. In Component 2 create a simple rectangular sketch.
4. Create a dimension for sketch.
5. Double click on the dimension to edit its value.
6. Select "Measure Distance" and select objects of component 2.
Select the points of the block.
Note that the sketch dimension now cannot be modified as it now related/associated to measurement.
But at step 6, instead of selecting points of block, if you select edge of block then the sketch dimension can be modified.
Solution There is a restriction in embedded measurement that it cannot reference objects outside work part when you select it. When you pick the occurrence of the edge in another part you get the following message.
This measurement will not be an associative measure because an object was selected in the context of an assembly.
In the case of a point - it actually maps the point back to the work part and gets around the limitation, but it can't do that for an edge.
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: na
OS Version: n/a