After an installation of NX 11.0 on Windows 7, you can locate the NX version-specific "Command Prompt" from the Start Menu via Start --> All Programs --> Siemens NX 11.0 --> Tools --> Command Prompt
However, the "Command Prompt" for NX is missing from the Windows 10 Start Menu after an installation of NX 11.0.
The workaround for NX 11.0 is to manually create a "NX 11 Command Prompt" as a
shortcut on the Desktop via the following steps:
- Search for Windows command prompt 'cmd.exe'
- Send a copy of 'cmd.exe' to the Desktop (create shortcut)
- Modify the properties of the new shortcut as follows, assuming a default installation path:
Target: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k ugiicmd.bat "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0"
Start in: "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII\"
Comment: shortcut to Command Prompt - ugiicmd.bat
4. Rename the shortcut to be "NX 11 Command Prompt"
NOTE: This issue is fixed in NX 12.
Notes and References
(1) [PR-7673026] NX/10 install under WINDOWS 10 fails to include version specific command prompt.
Siemens PLM believes that the problem you reported where the Command Prompt is
missing on Windows 10 issue has been resolved in NX 12.0. The Command Prompt
will now appear as "NX 12.0 Command Prompt". The text/name change is necessary
due to an issue with how Windows 10 start menus are handled by the OS.
OS Version: 1064