Now that Standard Parts are generated with a 'released' status, you are unable
to change the properties needed to show in Parts Lists. How do you change the
behavior of Standard Parts so they are 'available'?
Solution For existing Standard Parts that are set to 'released' use the Data
Preparation utility delivered with Solid Edge to change the status of ANY
Solid Edge file...
- open the Data Prep utility
- select Unmanaged/Insight at the top
- click [Select file/Folders] and select the top-level folder of the files
- generate import list --> creates an Excel spreadsheet
- after the spreadsheet appears click on the SE Data Prep tab
- click the Set File Status button
- click the [Available] button
Once the operation is finished you can close without saving.
To prevent any newly generated Standard Parts from being set to 'available'
you can add a registry switch.
- run REGEDIT.exe
- browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Standard Parts
- add a registry key "ReadOnlyFlag"="True" as a string value
Afterwards, any NEW parts will be generated with a status 'available', but
with the "read-only" flag enabled.
Notes and References
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTEL
OS Version: 732SP1