When renaming a feature, the new name of the feature, plus the original name of the feature, will both display in the Part Navigator. How can just the new/custom name of the feature be displayed?
- Original Feature Name displayed in the Part Navigator: Block(0)
- Feature is renamed to "Main Feature".
- Now the feature displays in the Part Navigator as: Block (0) "Main Feature"
How can this feature be displayed only as "Main Feature"?
- In the Part Navigator, select the feature, 'MouseButton3 (MB3)-->Rename'.
- Enter a new name for the feature: Main Feature
- In the Part Navigator, hover the cursor over the 'Name' column header, 'MB3-->Properties'.
- Select the 'General' tab.
- Toggle the 'Name Display' to 'User Replaces System'.
- OK the Part Navigator Properties dialog.
Now only the new custom name of the feature will be displayed: "Main Feature".
Notes and References
OS Version: 2003_SP2