Indexing options is only indexing a few files. In this case there were over
2000 files and only 31 were being indexed.
Solution Before the folders and files can be indexed they must have the correct SYSTEM
- right-click the top level folder that is to be indexed and select Properties
- select the Security tab
- in the Group section look for SYSTEM
- if SYSTEM exists make sure it has full-control
- if SYSTEM does NOT exist Add it and give it full-control
- in the folder Properties uncheck 'Allow files on this drive to be indexed'
- in the folder Properties check 'Allow files on this drive to be indexed'
- allow the changes to be applied to all subfolders
- in Index Options click Rebuild
Notes and References
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTEL
OS Version: 764SP1