- How are the Solid Edge Standard Parts - Part Model files Naming Conventions defined or created?
- Why do they vary from one standard to another?
- Currently the Solid Edge Standard Parts environment is an add-on which is provided by our CAD Partner GmbH and/or Smap3D. The Naming convention for Standard Parts models vary depending on the standards that are supplied.
- Variation in naming occurs because Smap3D standard parts are used worldwide. We support Catalog standards from different countries within the Smap3D Standard Parts CAD-Software. These include:
- DIN, DIN EN
- ANSI, ASME, ABMA, ASTM, MSS
Any customer may add any part they use to the Standard Parts database on his/her system. The database has custom naming conventions according to their company standards.
For more on the Parts included in the Solid Edge Standard Parts Database, please visit the Smap3D website at: http://www.smap3d.com/index-en.html
Notes and References
Woody Wilson: if you want to include "contact", please supply the contact name or deparment and the email address. Also please include the Operating System on the right panel of this page.
OS Version: 764SP1