When initially creating a Feature Library part the thumbnail is generated from the part file that the feature was created from. This initial thumbnail is not representative of the actual Feature Library part. How to adjust the Feature Library part thumbnail to be more representative of the actual feature?
To customize the thumbnail saved for the Feature Library part:
1. After creating the Feature Library part on disk, then open the Feature Library part from disk in Solid Edge.
2. Adjust the display of the Feature Library part to be how you would like to see the thumbnail displayed. This includes background colour, view angles, planes turned on/off, etc.
3. Select Application button -> Info -> File Properties.
4. Select the Preview tab.
5. Enable/check "Store preview".
6. Select "On button select".
7. Select "Create Preview Now" to capture the current screen display.
8. Select "OK".
9. Save the file.
10. In the Feature Library pane browse to your updated part with Thumbnail display activated.
The thumbnail graphic for the Feature Library part now represents how you explicitly saved it.
OS Version: n/a