I am trying to understand exactly what Wave-related actions performed in NX use the "NX WAVE Control" license which is listed in the customer's license file as:
INCREMENT wave ugslmd 31.0 permanent 15 SUPERSEDE DUP_GROUP=UHD \
user_info="NX WAVE Control" ISSUED=08-may-2017 BORROW=2880 \
How customers utilize WAVE varies tremendously. WAVE Mode is used by customers who create WAVE links from within the source part (as opposed to creating the WAVE links within the target part). They push their WAVE links into part vs. copying WAVE links into parts.
QUESTION: Is it possible to get a definitive list of the commands that touch a Wave license? I now know that Wave Mode of the Assembly Navigator and the Wave Associativity Manager both use a Wave license but I'm imagining there are a lot more actions that also touch the Wave license.
The "NX WAVE Control" license is checked for and retained for the duration of the following commands:
* Edit Parameters (on a Linked feature), Replacement Assistant
* Assemblies, WAVE, Associativity Manager
* Assemblies, WAVE, Interpart Link Browser...
* Assemblies, WAVE, Relations Browser...
* Assemblies, WAVE, General Relinker...
* Assemblies, WAVE, Load Interpart Data
* Tools, Update, Synchronize Links
All functions available in the Wave Mode of the Assembly Navigator, including:
* Create New Level
* Copy Geometry to Component
* Copy Geometry to Part
* Copy Geometry to New Part
* Create Linked Part
* Create Linked Mirror Part
* Freeze in Session
* Freeze Persistently
* Resolve Update Status
Notes and References
OS Version: 764