July 31, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Pack 9 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge ST10 MP9
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as: SESP_Server_2010_MP4.zip, SESP_Server_2013_MP4.zip, and SEECAdministratorV110.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 9192917: Assembly recompute failures
PR 9179925: Assembly Phys Props and DV are not marked OOD when user includes/excludes parts in calculation
PR 9043178: Reselecting items for assembly feature cutout does not work ===Draft===
PR 9031845: Delimiter (dot, comma) does not work for the hole annotation in the hole table.
PR 9108258: Block Table wrong associated blocks with by active sheet option.
PR 9129150: Cell override action is reset after editing the associated hole in the part.
PR 9206087: Termination log error while printing ===Part/Sheet Metal===
PR 9178481: Crash when edit failed pattern with excel table (Update)
PR 9184566: Crash using curve by table with not enough key points
PR 9182512: File close when trying to undo after getting error
PR 9186918 : Cannot trim a surface along Plane 21
PR 9187498: Crash after changing pattern recognition select set
PR 9188499: Cutout command doesn't work if you save the file while in sketch environment
PR 9194260: Cannot change part dimensions with tapped hole
PR 9208308: Using Pre-defined View input crashes Solid Edge after hiding design body
PR 9175164: Force on multiple curves switched from 'per entity' to 'total load'
PR 9179545: Crash in material table
PR 9195543: Wrong translation of ACAD Dimensions, moving text & paragraphs ===API===
PR 9143833: Crash opening and closing a Part
PR 9159601: Setting of the Line3D length damage 3D sketch solver ===Data Management===
PR 8380513: Prop-seed registration check is uncheck after restart dialog ===Design Manager===
PR 9178429: Add to Library for attached dataset crashes Design Manager
PR 9133192: Save As operation in Design Manager is crashing during Where Used function ===Insight===
PR 9172765: FOA cannot be open from Solid Edge Search result ===Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge===
PR 9171273: Auto-set action for the released assembly when child part is set to SaveAs
PR 9172439: Top level ASM is not listed on where used dialog if select al
PR 9148257: Problems uploading files to TC when dynamic LOV is used
PR 9191395 : Mapped property /master=cad will modify Solid Edge property when cleared in RAC
PR 9183003: Save copy as modify properties in the original file