June 11, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Pack 8 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge ST10 MP8
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as: SESP_Server_2010_MP4.zip, SESP_Server_2013_MP4.zip, and SEECAdministratorV110.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 9115312: Server busy messages on Windows 10 Fall Creators Feature Update ===Assembly===
PR 9139880: Can no longer enter Title, Description & Rev ID in the Save Dialog
PR 9070763: assembly relationships failing when modifying an assembly with center-plane relationships
PR 9125406: Placing an .asm that includes a .psm, shows wrong weld length ===Draft===
PR 9017656: Excel Table will not be correctly embedded as Picture
PR 9092148: File does not print after uncheck "Print to File" workflow
PR 9115998: Broken view changes on view update
PR 9128818: hatching on the cross-section wrong after updating view
PR 9129041: Extracting weld symbol information from an assembly does not work
PR 9123354: text scaling not correct during import
PR 9133649: Polylines are imported from DXF as bounded filled area, not only lines
PR 9002405: AutoCAD 2018 DWG support needed in Solid Edge
PR 9114494: Callout reference text size decreased each time when you do Update
PR 9012159: Hatch disappears in section view ===Part/Sheet Metal===
PR 9160316 : Solid Edge crashes when edit the color of the wire.
PR 9101065: Improved UI performance while deleting variables in the variable table
PR 8977646: Impossible to open Step file with ST10
PR 9124045 : Import ACAD nested block has wrong origin
PR 9091716 : Partially DWG import incorrect, hatch is missing ===Illustrations & 3D Publisher ===
PR 9142477: Lost Save QSM button in SE after installation of MP06 for Technical publication ===Design Manager===
PR 9095978 : Revision ID is not getting incremented properly for linked draft files ===Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge===
PR 9153552: SaveAs fails to create Teamcenter objects having required properties
PR 9002242: Auto-assign is not working with smart codes
PR 9157460 : File Properties dialog shown as blank for FOA member
PR 9165641: Can't login from RAC PL and Solid Edge PL on the same user at the same time
PR 9168646 : Problem with selecting items on SESE Parts List View by Ctrl+A
PR 9165958: Previously cleared values are added after Where Used
PR 9127806: Backport Feature - Honor new preference to clear properties