May 7, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Pack 7 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge ST10 MP7
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as: SESP_Server_2010_MP4.zip, SESP_Server_2013_MP4.zip, and SEECAdministratorV110.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 8366696: 'Summary of atomic parts' report does not include subassemblies
PR 9080449: Problems with the 3D line split function
PR 9107307: User is unable to drag components of parts in an adjustable subassembly
PR 9095236: Unable to create a swept protrusion in assembly using a 3D sketch.
PR 9123040: Weld selection & highlight issue with Assembly Feature cut
PR 9089439: Open as read-only option issue
PR 9073208: Simulation Express is missing the "Factor of Safety" Field
PR 9079373: Crash while opening several assemblies via an Add-In from SAP
PR 9089397: Min/Max color map boxes not selectable in simulation
PR 9096670: Solid Edge crashes when cancelling a simulation mesh ===Draft===
PR 8355257: Property text in a textbox loses associativity, when changing the Style
PR 9106428: Long time to select all components when layers pane is opened
PR 1871259: SE Improve the visibility of the selected layer in the pathfinder in draft
PR 7940921: Bend table callout, alignment problem for vertical and parallel text
PR 8364750: time-consuming updating of the block list prevents the further usage of the GUI
PR 9123093: Print Area will print after cancel "Print to file" save step
PR 9089518: Stick Font OLF SimpleSansOC looks strange when set as Default
PR 9129136: Undefined bend dimensions in drafting
PR 9132445: issue with display of filled area in draft
PR 9133957: Coordinate dimensions are lost when saving and reopening dft file ===Part/Sheet Metal===
PR 8365863: Deselect tool body requires at least 3 clicks with Shift/Ctrl pressed
PR 9100012: Sketch line types not displaying correctly in ST10
PR 9056521: moving a hole in a part causes a pattern to vanish,
PR 9127173: SE crashes when I delete a variable from variable table
PR 8354328: SE crashes when getting gage information from Excel file
PR 8544256: Custom dimension style is not supported in AutoCAD interface
PR 9016646: Base View Scale is not well exported when saving all sheets to dwg/dxf.
PR 8802885: Extra geometry in STEP file from Frames
PR 9122256: Not able to get font mapping to work
PR 9073873: API - How to change Line3D length?
PR 7801050: API cannot change visible of PMI by some condition when opened an assembly.
PR 9108358: CheckInterference() throws "The parameter is incorrect" error ===Insight===
PR 9112006: Insight Option "Undo check Out all" doesn't work anymore ===Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge===
PR 1753267: SESE TC Status not available in Structure Editor
PR 9095050: Add-to-Teamcenter; Error for required property
PR 9111532: User can't check-out the SE data in SEEC if he/she checked-out it in Tc
PR 9123668: Structure Editor Filter does not display properly