When you tried to return a borrowed license from a client workstation, the following error message was displayed:
License Return Error - Your license cannot be returned. For more information, contact your system administrator. Note: you can still use your borrowed license until (midnight): <Date>. Error: [1.5.-124]
This error usually indicates that the client and/or license manager have changed in some way since the license was originally borrowed. There is no way to force the early return of a borrowed license. However, the following procedures will often resolve the error.Method 1 - Wait out the borrow period
Depending on how long your license is borrowed and how urgently you need to return it to the network pool, it may be easiest to simply wait out the remainder of the borrow period when the license will be automatically returned. Network administrators might consider implementing an Options file to restrict the maximum borrow period or limit who can borrow licenses so the impact of future borrowing problems can be reduced. Method 2 - Reborrow the license and then return it
Erase the knowledge of the borrowed license from the client machine, borrow it again, and then try to return it using the procedure below. Note:
This procedure resets all borrowed licenses for this user/computer.
- On the client computer, log in as the user who borrowed the license.
- On the Start menu (Windows), click into the Search programs and files edit field.
- Enter regedit, and then click OK.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\Borrow
- In the Registry Editor, on the File menu, click Export to create a back up of this key.
- Delete this registry key.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Borrow the license again for the product(s) and version(s) that you could not return.
- Return the license(s) for each product.
OS Version: 1064