April 2, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Pack 6 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge ST10 MP6
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as SESP_Server_2010_MP4.zip, SESP_Server_2013_MP4.zip, and SEECAdministratorV110.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 9087171: Not able to deselect a part from an assembly pattern during Edit Definition
PR 9062198: Mirroring a component in assembly causes a crash ===Draft===
PR 9069786: Wrong linear Dimension in a draft
PR 9062705: The change in the property of the printer is not reflected
PR 9078819: Orientation does not update through Ctrl+P Print
PR 8543062: Solid Edge draft file abnormally stops... please review crash log ===Part/Sheet Metal===
PR 9011460: Neutral factors from excel file not applied in Synchronous sheet metal
PR 9089572: Draft command crashes
PR 9087449: Cannot change non ST9 part/file Status using SolidEdgeFileProperties API ===Illustrations & 3D Publisher ===
PR 9073962: The illustration text is changed when publishing in HTML5
PR 8362381: PDF output of technical Publication does not show Balloons
PR 9073964: The colors are changed when publishing in HTML5 and PDF
PR 9084205: a Top-level document is in ERA mode after import into either Tech Pub application
PR 9084255: SE does not prompt for saving after import into Tech Pub application
PR 9085301: Model in SE from a mapped network drive is closed after import into Tech Pub app ===Insight===
PR 8994194: System Properties are empty in Insight Search result on German Client
PR 9085105: Impossible to do save as of Assembly with Drafts with Design Manager
PR 9105330: Insight license feature does not enable managed options with SE Foundation
PR 9097055: Insight license feature does not enable managed options with D&D ===Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge===
PR 8855387: Error returned when uploading an unmanaged part added to a managed assembly
PR 9084930: creating XpresRoute Part throws a generic SEEC error every time, material lost
PR 9087998: SaveAs operation results in a crash