While simulating Dual Arm robot, operation cannot be selected with "Concurrent Robotics Operation"
Reproduction Steps :
1) Start PS-Standalone.
2) Open a robotic study which has such scenario of concurrent robotic operation, in standard mode
3) Open menu, Operation->New Operation->New/Edit Concurrent Robotics Operation.
4) For Equipment -> select the master robot from Resource tree.
5) For scope -> select the master robot path from Operation tree.
Notice that it can not be selected due to "Invalid selection" error.
Why the operation can not be selected and how does it become invalid ?
Solution Your Equipment Prototype, the one that holds the two robots is not modeled as a robot.
Following solution should resolve this issue :
1) Select the "EquipmentPrototype" and set it to modeling scope.
2) From the ribbon menu, choose Modeling tab->Kinematic Device group->Kinematic Editor.
3) In the Kinematic Editor, scroll to the bottom.
4) In the Kinematic Editor, click 'Create Link', name the link 'dummy1', and click OK.
5) In the Kinematic Editor, click 'Create Link', name the link 'dummy2', and click OK.
6) Create a joint: In the Kinematic Editor, drag a line from dummy1 and drop it on dummy2.
7) Define it as a robot: In the Kinematic Editor, click Create Toolframe, select dummy2 for both prompts, and click OK.
A TCPF, REFFRAME, and BASEFRAME are all created at 0,0,0. These frames are only created to satisfy the operation creation prompts and are not used for anything beyond that.
8) Click Close. You will observe the frames and dummy links in object tree.
9) Select "EquipmentPrototype" & from the ribbon, choose Modeling tab -> End Modeling. Make sure it is saved in sysroot
10) Select "EquipmentPrototype" & then from ribbon menu, click on Operations -> New Operation -> New/Edit Concurrent Robotic Operation
You will observe that this time it has recognised this as a robot and the operation can be created with required options
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTL64
OS Version: 764SP1