In my SEEC Environment I want to set my Item Numbers to start at '1' and increment by 1. Accordingly In Teamcenter I set the preference SEEC_Synchronize_ItemNumbers to the following:
Then in my Solid Edge/SEEC managed environment I create an assembly and save to Teamcenter. In Teamcenter I open the assembly in Structure Manager and the Find Numbers are 1, 2, 3 etc. as expected.
I then create an assembly in Solid Edge unmanaged and import it using 'Add to Teamcenter Interactive'. When I open it in Structure Manager the Find Numbers have reverted to the default format of 10, 20, 30 etc. Why?
You have to also create Item Numbers in the unmanaged assembly and define them to your requirement, before importing the assembly to Teamcenter. Using our example this is the workflow that needs to be followed:
1. Open the assembly in unmanaged.
2. Go to Solid Edge Options -> Item Numbers.
3. Select the checkbox 'Maintain item numbers' and specify 'Start with item number' as '1' and 'Increment by' as '1'.
4. Save the assembly.
5. Verify in the 'Occurrence Properties' dialog whether the Item Numbers are as per expectation.
6. Import the assembly using 'Add to Teamcenter Interactive'.
7. In Teamcenter, locate the assembly and send it to 'Structure Manager'.
You will see that the 'Find Numbers' now correspond correctly.
OS Version: 764