February 22, 2018 Dear Solid Edge Customer:
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Pack 5 is now available for download.
Sincerely,The Solid Edge Team
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs are delivered using Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology. Microsoft Windows 10
releases Feature Updates every six months. Microsoft does not use Windows 10 Feature Updates as an avenue to deliver security-related patches. All quality-related patches, including security and reliability hot-fixes, will continue to be delivered outside of this Feature Update process. Therefore, if your production use of Solid Edge was negatively impacted as a result of the last Microsoft Windows 10 Feature Update, you should consider configuring your Windows 10 machines to delay the deployment of Windows 10 Feature Updates. Configuring your Windows 10 machines by moving the machines into the "Semi-Annual Channel" servicing channel will delay the installation of Feature Updates for approximately four months following the initial release. During this time, you and your IT organization will have the opportunity to review the suitably of the Feature Update, including determining any negative impact, upon the applications that you use in your production environment, such as Solid Edge. This four-month window of time between Microsoft initially releasing the Feature Update to targeted machines and releasing the Feature Update for general deployment to the enterprise will also provide our development team time to review and react to changes introduced by Windows 10 Feature Updates, thereby helping keep you as productive as possible.
=====================Maintenance Pack Version:
Solid Edge ST10 MP5
Solid Edge ST10 Maintenance Packs can be downloaded from: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/solid_edge/ST10/Maintenance_Packs/
• MSI Product Updates can be applied on top of the base release and or existing Product Update with a lesser version.
• MSI Product Updates are all inclusive, i.e. fixes delivered in MP3 include all fixes delivered in MP1 and MP2.
• MSI Product Updates calculate free disk space before installing. Please be patient.
• MSI Product Updates are uninstalled via the Control Panel (Uninstall a program –> View installed updates -> Uninstall).
• MSI Product Updates can be uninstalled without having to remove the base Solid Edge product.
• Uninstalling an MSI Product Update will restore the installation to the state before the Product Update was applied.
• When uninstalling, the original source media must be available to allow the recovery of previous file versions.
• The current MSI Product Update will be the only Update listed and available for uninstallation.
• After the current Product Update is uninstalled the previous Product Update will become the current Update.
• .zip files delivered with this MP such as SESP_Server_2010_MP4.zip, SESP_Server_2013_MP4.zip, and SEECAdministratorV110.zip are complete product setups. Therefore, existing versions of these installs must be removed using Uninstall a program from the Control Panel before installing the new version.
To receive direct e-mail notifications for new Solid Edge Maintenance Packs, subscribe to the SFBmail notification.
For details on initiating your email subscription navigate to: http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/general/email.shtml
=========================================This Maintenance Pack addresses the following PRs:
PR 8977614: ST10 Standard Parts DB-Admin can't be used as normal user
PR 7877204: Open as Last Saved not working for placing assembly from part library
PR 9086877: Arrowheads and other filled items with internal boundaries are no longer filled
PR 8939156: The position of parentheses for a Reference Dimension is wrong
PR 8976944: Break line length is incorrect in a cropped view
PR 9041036: Unnecessary hatch is displayed when drawing data of ST4 is opened in ST9
PR 9068621: Opening the ST4 drawing in ST9 change the dimension position of the ISO view.
PR 9055749: Language problems in ST10 - Hebrew letters in wrong order
PR 9056521: moving a hole in a part causes a pattern to vanish
PR 9058022: No longer able to use stylus in modeling environment after updating Windows to 1709
PR 9064246: Draft document filename is incorrect when documents revised a second time.
PR 8362714: Cannot read attributes in AttributeSet of the block after updating block props
===Built-in Data Management===
PR 8944560: Where-Used folders showing red when mapping to fully qualified name share
PR 9024445: Prevent duplicate Filename cause Can' check document into the library