Attempting to install or uninstall Solid Edge results in an error message similar to the following:
"Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
Solution Error 1721 is not a Solid Edge issue. This is an issue with the Microsoft Windows Installer being corrupted. You will need to attempt to repair the Microsoft Windows installer by unregistering and reregistering the Installer file.
1. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
2. Open a CMD shell - click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
Note that when running these commands it may look like nothing occurs but that is normal and expected.
After following the above instructions, Solid Edge should now install or uninstall without issue.
Hardware/Software Configuration Platform: INTL64
OS Version: n/a