When generating PDF files from the Solid Edge draft files, the fonts in the created PDF files are not displaying correctly and do not match the font display in the Solid Edge draft file.
By default the PDF files created from Solid Edge will substitute fonts in the PDF files with Device fonts. This is by design for performance when printing the PDF. Using the Device fonts will create legible prints but
the font display may not exactly match the font display in the Solid Edge draft file. If your PDF files are not displaying the fonts as expected compared to the Solid Edge draft file then changing from "Substitute with Device Font" to "Download as Softfont" should resolve the font display issue.
To change the TrueType font setting:
1. Start menu -> "View Devices and Printers".
2. Select and right-click on the "Solid Edge Velocity PS Printer 2.0".
3. Select "Printer properties".
4. In the "General" tab select "Preferences...".
5. In the "Layout" tab select "Advanced...".
6. Under "Graphic" select "TrueType Font".
7. Change to "Download as Softfont".
8. Select "OK".
9. Select "OK".
10. Select "OK".
Your Solid Edge printer preferences have now been changed to use the Softfont option. This should then resolve any discrepancies and display issues with the fonts in the PDF file compared to the Solid Edge draft
Notes and References
OS Version: 1064