When attempting to access a Solid Edge floating license over a VPN or WAN connection, if the connection is slow it is not possible to connect and obtain a Solid Edge license from the FlexLM floating license server.
If the network connection is slow, as typically seen when running over a VPN or WAN connection, then it may not be possible to obtain a Solid Edge license from the FlexLM license server because the license connection is timing out. This limitation may be overcome by increasing the timeout on the FlexLM license server.
To increase the FlexLM license server timeout, on the Solid Edge client workstation:
1. On the Windows Start menu, click Settings --> Control Panel --> double- click System.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System Variables, click New.
5. In the Variable Name box, enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT
6. In the Variable Value box, enter the timeout value as the following: 1000000
7. Click OK to close each dialog box.
The FLEXLM_TIMEOUT environment variable value is in microseconds, within the range 0 through 2147483647. The default setting is 100000 microseconds.
If setting the value to 1000000 does not resolve the license timeout issue, increase the value in 1000000 microsecond (1 second) increments until you are able to consistently obtain a license from the license server.
Notes and References
OS Version: 1064