How to manage DWG files in Teamcenter and open the managed DWG file in SEEC?
Storing the DWG file in Teamcenter:
- In Teamcenter create a new Item and Item Revision.
- Select the newly created Item Revision.
- Create a new Dataset of type "MISC" [or some other dataset type of your choosing].
- Select "Import" and import the DWG file into the MISC dataset.
The DWG file is now successfully stored and managed within Teamcenter.
Opening the DWG file in SEEC:
- In SEEC select Open.
- In the Open dialog set the "Files of types" to "All documents (*.*)".
- Locate the Item Revision that contains the dataset with the DWG file.
- Select the dataset containing the DWG file.
- Select "Open".
- Select a new template to create the Solid Edge file with.
- Select "OK".
- The DWG file is converted to a Solid Edge file.
- Select "Save".
- The CPD is launched. Provide the required input for the Item ID, Item Name, etc. Select "OK".
The Solid Edge file generated from the DWG file has been successfully created and is now stored and managed in Teamcenter.
Notes and References
OS Version: 1064