Simcenter Testlab 2306: Download and Install Instructions
This article covers how to download and install Simcenter Testlab 2306 software
. Simcenter Testlab 2306 was released in July of 2023.
Article contents: 1. Downloading the Simcenter Testlab software2. Installing the License Server3. Installing the Simcenter Testlab software3.1. Preparing Installation3.2. Installing Prerequisites3.3. Installing Hardware Diagnostics3.4. Installing Simcenter Testlab3.5. Installing Patch 107889994. Download and Installation of 1D and 3D Drivers4.1. Downloading Drivers4.2. Installing Drivers1. Downloading the Simcenter Testlab SoftwareVideo: Simcenter Testlab 2306 Download
First download the software from the Siemens Support Center:
- Click on "Simcenter Testing Solutions" under the "Downloads" dropdown menu as shown below:
- Click on the "Simcenter Testlab 2306" release from the available options. If it does not appear, select "All Versions" or "Simcenter Testlab 2306" from the "Select a Version" dropdown menu.
- Click on "Simcenter Testlab 2306" from the tree on the left. Download the "Simcenter Testlab 2306.iso" file, along with the "Simcenter Testlab 2306 Patch 10788999.zip" file.
A ISO file is a single file that contains all the installation files. An ISO file is an "Image" file that can be burned to a DVD if desired. However, it is not necessary to burn it to a DVD to install it. It can be installed directly from the ISO file on a PC. See the instructions below for how to do this.
More information about ISO files can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image2. Installing the License Server
If installing Simcenter Testlab on a network with access to a central license server, it is not necessary to install the License Server on the local machine. Skip ahead to section 3.
If the license will be local to the PC, the license server software needs to be installed. See the article Simcenter Testlab: RLM License Server 15.1 Installation and Setup
for more information.3. Installing the Simcenter Testlab SoftwareVideo: Simcenter Testlab 2306 Installation
After the software has been downloaded, the installation can start.3.1 Preparing Installation
Using the ISO file in Windows file explorer:
To extract the installation files from the ISO file:
- In Windows 10 or Windows 11, right click on the iso file and select Mount.
- In Windows 7, right click on the iso file and unzip it using WinZip, 7zip, or another extracting software.
After extracting or mounting the files, several directories and an "autorun.exe" file should be available as shown below.
Right click on the file that says “Autorun.exe,” and select “Run as Administrator.” You need full administrator rights on your computer to install.
The main installation menu should appear. Select the top option, “Install Simcenter Testlab,” to begin the installation.
If a popup window appears that says some prerequisites are needed to run the software, click next until you reach the screen prompting you to install the Simcenter Configuration and Unit System 3.2.
The prerequisite step checks if certain libraries and other needed programs are present on the computer for Simcenter Testlab to run successfully.
- Click "Next" to begin the installation.
- Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
- Click “Install” to install the Simcenter Configuration and Unit System 3.2.
3.3 Installing Hardware Diagnostics
- Click “Finish” on the last screen to move to the next part of the Simcenter Testlab installation.
The pop-up window for the Simcenter Hardware Diagnostics will come up. This utility is used to scan Simcenter SCADAS hardware and make a diagnostic report.
- Click "Next" to start the installation.
- Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings, until you reach a window asking if you want to install the Simcenter SCADAS XS driver. Check this box. This will ensure proper installation of the XS driver for current or future use. Select next.
- On the next screen, keep the default option to enable the exceptions to the Windows firewall during the installation. Select "Next."
- Select "Install" to begin the installation of the Simcenter Hardware Diagnostics; once complete, click on "Finish" to move on to the installation of Simcenter Testlab.
- Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
Certain functionalities of Simcenter Testlab use the Microsoft ODBC driver; since the 2306 release is 64-bit, these features may not work if the 32-bit version of the Microsoft ODBC driver is installed. To determine how or whether to switch drivers, please refer to the article Simcenter Testlab 2306 - Resolving ODBC data source issues caused by Microsoft Access Database Engine installation
When coming to the screen asking to fill in the license file or the license server, select the box “Use a license server.”
- Local License Server: If using a local license (node-locked or dongle license), type @localhost into the space provided.
- Network License Server: If using a network license, type in the server name after @localhost separated by a semicolon. The default port is 5053, which is already considered in the default @localhost option.
- If the IT department has a specialized port number for Simcenter Testlab software, add it to the server name (Example: portnumber@server or portnumber@localhost).
- Select "Next."
- On the next screen, choose Desktop – Standard or Desktop – Advanced based on the licenses on your sold-to. These features can be found in your license file. Click "Next."
- Select "Install" to begin the installation; once the Simcenter Testlab installation is complete, click "Finish."
Browse into the extracted contents and locate the "Patch 10788999 for Simcenter Testlab setup.exe" file, and run as administrator, then follow the installation prompts.
- The option to download Simcenter 3D and Amesim Drivers will appear. To begin the download, simply click on the desired driver.
- Both the 1D and 3D .zip files will contain four files. Before beginning the install, make sure to extract the .zip folder to a safe location.
- Right click and run “Simcenter Driver Setup” for the desired driver as an administrator.
- The Simcenter Driver Setup will open. Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
- Click “Install” once all default settings are selected.
- Once completed, select “Finish”.
Questions or issues? Please contact Siemens Support Center at the appropriate phone number listed on https://support.sw.siemens.com
and have your sold-to number (sold-to is in license file, or choose Help -> About Simcenter Testlab from the software interface). The phone number for North America is 1-800-955-0000.
See Simcenter Testlab: RLM License Server 15.1 Installation and Setup
for information on how to install the RLM license server and set up your Testlab license file to complete the Testlab software setup.
See Which files should I download for Simcenter Testlab 2306
for more information on the files and other product components available in the download area of Simcenter Testlab 2306.
Have new Simcenter SCADAS hardware? Check out the articles What’s in the box? Getting Started with Simcenter SCADAS
and Getting Started with Simcenter Testlab
.Other Simcenter Testlab Installation Resources: