2. Click on "Simcenter Testing Solutions" under "My Products"
3. Go to the “Downloads” link on the lower left side of the web page.
4. Click on the "Simcenter Testlab 2019.1.3" release.
5. Click on "Product Install" from the tree on the left. Download the "Simcenter Testlab 2019.1.3.iso".
A ISO file is a single file that contains all the installation files. An ISO file is an "Image" file that can be burned to a DVD if desired. However, it is not necessary to burn it to a DVD to install it. It can be installed directly from the ISO file on a PC. See the instructions below for how to do this.
6. Once the download is complete, browse to the iso file in Windows File Explorer.
Expand the 2019.1 or 2019.1.3 folder (or whatever version is desired). For the remainder of the article, 2019.1 will be used, but the appropriate version should be substituted as necessary.
Installing the Simcenter Testlab Software
Using the ISO file in Windows file explorer:
1. To extract the installation files from the ISO file:
In Windows 10, right click on the iso file and select Mount.
In Windows 7, right click on the iso file and unzip it using WinZip, 7zip, or another extracting software.
After extracting or mounting the files, several directories and a "autorun.exe" file should be available as shown below.
2. Right click on the file that says “Autorun.exe,” and select “Run as Administrator.” You need full administrator rights on your computer to install.
3. Select the top option called “Install Simcenter Testlab” to begin the installation. We will discuss installing Testlab with all default options which is recommended.
If installing a Service Pack (ie, Simcenter Testlab 2019.1.1) on top of an existing installation, the installation prompts are different.
If a popup window appears that says some prerequisites are needed to run the software, click next until you reach the screen prompting you to install the Simcenter Configuration and Unit System 3.0.
4. Click next to begin the installation.
5. Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
6. Click “Install” to install the Simcenter Configuration and Unit System 3.0.
7. Click “Finish” on the last screen to move to the next part of the Simcenter Testlab installation.
8. The pop-up window for the Simcenter Hardware Diagnostics will come up. Click next to start the installation.
9. Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
10. You will reach a window asking if you want to install the Simcenter SCADAS XS driver. Check this box. This will ensure proper installation of the XS driver for current or future use. Select next.
11. On the next screen, keep the default option to enable the exceptions to the Windows firewall during the installation. Select next.
12. Select install and then click on finish to move on to the installation of Simcenter Testlab.
13. Click “Next” through the installation to choose all default settings.
14. You will reach a screen asking you to fill in the license file or the license server. Select the box “Use a license server.” If you have a node-locked or dongle license, type @localhost into the space provided.
If you have a server license, type in the server name after @localhost separated by a semicolon. The default port is 5053 which is already considered in the default @localhost option.
If your IT department has a specialized port number for Testlab software, then type in portnumber@server or portnumber@localhost. Select next.
15. On the next screen, choose Desktop – Standard or Desktop – Advanced based on the licenses on your sold-to. These features can be found in your license file. Click next.
16. Click next to select default settings until you reach the Simcenter 1d and 3d driver page. Install each driver if you have a need for it. Select next once complete.
17. Select install and then finish once Simcenter Testlab has completed installing.
If you run into problems during this process, please contact us at the appropriate phone number listed on https://support.sw.siemens.com and have your sold-to number (sold-to is in license file, or choose Help -> About Simcenter Testlab from the software interface). The phone number for North America is 1-800-955-0000.